If you are thinking about taking probiotics, the first thing you need to know is what probiotic is right for you. For example, these are the best selling probiotics.
But wich one is the best probiotic for you?
This will depend on who you are:
And what is the effect that you want from the probiotic (not all strains do the same):
- Stronger immune system
- Better digestion
- Probiotics for IBS
- Probiotics for acne
- Probiotics for candida
- Probiotics for anxiety
Best probiotics by consumer
Different probiotics are taken by different consumers. These users have different problems and issues for which they are taking specific probiotics. We have a list of consumers who use various probiotics in order to get health benefits.
Probiotics for women
There are specifics probiotics that are specially designed for women in order to keep their feminine health in check. The probiotics for women provide five amazing benefits to the females which are:
- Maintaining vaginal health: The probiotics maintain the vaginal health of the women and also prevents them from getting yeast infections.
- Prevention of candida: Candida is also a fungal infection which can be prevented by the intake of probiotics.
- Prevention of urinary tract infections: Urinary tract infections are common in women and can be very disturbing, probiotics prevent these infections and also provides good health to women.
- Improving digestion: Not only do the probiotics improve the vaginal health but it also improves the digestion of the females.
- Boosting the immune system: It also boosts the immune system and prevents various infectious diseases.
Probiotics for men
There are probiotics that are made specially for men, they provide health benefits to the men and these benefits include:
- Helping with constipation: The probiotics have the capacity to help people who suffer with constipation. The probiotics help people in getting proper bowel movements and prevents them from getting other diseases that maybe linked to it.
- Improving sleep: Improper sleep is another major issue that many people suffer with. people have insomnia and other sleeping disorders. The probiotics allow men to get peaceful sleep at night.
- Improving digestion: People suffer with gastric problems all over the world, probiotics help people to improve digestion along with providing them proper sleep.
- Maintain overall colon health: Probiotics also maintain the overall health of the colon and prevents the human body from getting various diseases that maybe caused because of poor digestion.
- Withstand harsh acids: Acidity and inflammation are two most common issues that are faced by people. Probiotics stand against the harsh acids and reduce the acidity in the stomach.
Probiotics for kids
There are special probiotics that are designed specifically in order to provide health benefits to the kids and also to prevent them from various diseases and conditions. The benefits of the probiotics for the kids are as follow:
- Relieve acute constipation: Children suffer from constipation as well, they can be infants as well. Probiotics are given to children in order to help them with bowel movements and constipation.
- Prevent allergies: Kids have a relatively less strong immune system that is why they are likely to get more diseases and conditions as compared to adults. The probiotics prevent the kids from getting allergies, they maybe dust allergies, dairy allergies or any others.
- Prevent infections: Children can catch infections very easily because of the relatively less strong immune system. Probiotics play a very vital role in preventing the children from various infections.
- Help relieve acid reflux: Children may also face acid reflux in their gut which is not a great feeling. Probiotics are the solution to this problem as well, as they help relieve acid reflux.
The plus point is that these supplements come in various cute packagings consisting of different colors, patterns, flowers or shapes that attract the younger kids a lot and they happily take the probiotics and get all the healthy benefits from them.
Probiotics for dogs
There are probiotics not only specially made for the humans but there are probiotics for the dogs as well that provide health benefits to the dogs. Probiotics for the dogs provide the following benefits:
- Prevent infection or bacterial imbalance: Dogs also face bacterial imbalance and infections, in order to help the dogs with these problems, they need probiotics. Probiotics prevent them from infections and also from getting other diseases.
- Relieve stress: Just like humans, animals also get stressed. Dogs can get stressed due to various reasons like losing a home. Due to the stress, they may get diarrhea. Probiotics help the dogs in relieving stress.
- Parasites: The young puppies may catch many parasites and the older dogs can also get parasites but it is very difficult to get rid of them. They give a lot of discomfort to the dogs. Probiotics prevent the dogs from getting parasites.
Benefits of Probiotics
As we saw earlier that the probiotics are differentiated on the basis of the users like women, men, kids and dogs. Now let’s have a look at how the probiotics are differentiated by the intended benefit. There are probiotics that target a certain gender or age group but now we will see how different probiotics target different diseases, conditions and needs of the people:
Probiotics for better immunity
Relatively less or low immunity means that the people are eligible of catching infections and diseases and their conditions can get even worse because of the weak immunity. The probiotics provide stronger immune system which then results in less diseases and infections. Very common diseases like a common cold, flu or fever can be prevented because of the probiotics.
Probiotics provide the people with a stronger immune system that prevents them against infections or any other diseases that can be caused with a weak immune system. It is likely that a person with a weak immune system will get more diseases. A common cold is also prevented with a strong immune system.
Probiotics for blood pressure
A lot of people in the world struggle with high blood pressure levels resulting in many other fatal diseases as well. Probiotics are the solution that you are looking for in order to balance blood pressure.
Probiotics for cholesterol
Due to diet and other factors, many people has high cholesterol levels, increasing the risk of heart disease. Probiotics could help to reduce cholesterol.
Probiotics for weight loss
People who are obese and are willing to lose weight need to start taking probiotics as they have a very positive impact on the weight of the individual. They help reduce the weight and they also help in reducing the belly fat. In this way, people can lose weight, become fit and they can also attain the desired shape of their body. People think that it is difficult to lose weight but in reality, it requires will, determination and some help like probiotics as nothing in the world is impossible.
Probiotics for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
IBS is a very common condition that is seen in people widely throughout the world. It basically affects the large intestine causing abdominal pain, cramping, gas, diarrhea and constipation. IBS can be very painful but the probiotics are a great benefit for people who are suffering with IBS. Probiotics have the ability to alleviate the symptoms like bloating, irregular bowel movement and others that are shown by the IBS patients.
Probiotics for constipation
Constipation is a disorder where there is an increased level of absorption of water from the intestines that leads to hardening of the waste matter. People who suffer with constipation have a hard time excreting the waste product and it can be really painful as well. Constipation can cause other diseases as well. Probiotics help the patients in order to excrete the waste matter easily. They usually act as stool softeners and prevent the patients from pain and difficulty.
Probiotics for diarrhea
Diarrhea is another condition where the waste matter has excess liquid and it is also known as the looseness of the bowels. Probiotics here help the patients with diarrhea and they ensure that the intestines of the human body are properly absorbing the nutrients. They also help the intestines to fight the pathogens.
Probiotics for bloating
Bloating is a problem due to which swelling is caused because of gas. The swollen abdomen is a very uncomfortable feeling. Probiotics help reduce the production of the gas and they also help the people with digestive problems. The symptoms that are shown by the people who are suffering from bloating are also treated with the use of probiotics.
Probiotics for digestion
One of the most important function of the body is digestion. If the digestion is not proper, it may lead to many other diseases like constipation and diarrhea. The probiotics come as a savior for people who have digestion issues. It helps improve the digestion and also prevents the people from getting any other diseases caused by poor digestion.
Digestion includes various problems like constipation and diarrhea, probiotics generally make the digestion of the individuals stronger and also improves the bowels movements. They also help with acidity and inflammation. People who might suffer with different digestive or gastric problems need probiotics to overcome them.
One thing that everyone is chasing is getting healthy skin. People have skin with issues like acne, excessive oiliness, dryness and many others. The intake of probiotics makes the skin clearer and also makes it healthier. Probiotics help to bring back the freshness of the skin while providing a healthy glow to it as well.
Acne is a skin disorder where the pores of the skin are clogged and infected. Acne causes a lot of redness and scars on the skin. Acne is painful along with being unattractive. People take probiotics to fight acne. Probiotics fight the harmful bugs even before they cause inflammation to the skin.
Probiotics for candida
It is likely that if you have candida, you will also have a leaky gut. Once you start taking probiotics, the probiotics will help you to get rid of the leaky gut by increasing the number of good bacteria. Once you have good bacteria, you will overcome the inflammation that you might have anywhere else on the body as well.
Probiotics for depression
Another major condition that is rising in the recent years is the depression and anxiety. When people get stressed, they move in the way of getting depressed. Some probiotics might have the ability to prevent depression and also maintain the mental health of the individuals.
Probiotics for anxiety
Similarly, there are probiotic products that are designed in order to overcome the anxiety of the people. The symptoms that are shown by anxious individuals might be relieved with the intake of probiotics.
What are Probiotics?
As they say, that there are good things and there are bad things as well, similarly our body consist of good bacteria and bad bacteria. The good bacteria provide health benefits and, on the opposite, the bad bacteria harm the body.
Most of the bacteria found in the gut of the human body, are beneficial, but sometimes the balance of the bacteria may get disrupted due to illness. In order to restore the good bacteria, probiotics are taken. The probiotics may be taken through specific foods or may be through supplements so that they can maintain the health of the human body.
Probiotics are basically bacteria that are alive and they provide health benefits to the human body. There are different types of probiotics as well, each type of the probiotic has the capacity to address a specific condition.
There are various different types of probiotics that are found in different probiotic foods and different probiotics address different conditions but two of them are the most common.
The most common types of probiotics:
- Lactobacillus: This type of probiotic is very beneficial for people who cannot digest lactose or milk products properly, it helps improve their digestion. It also helps people who have diarrhea. It is naturally found in yoghurt and maybe found in other foods that are fermented. it can be also be consumed as a supplement.
- Bifidobacterium: People who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome are definitely benefitted by this type of probiotic. It is usually found in different dairy products but can be found in other things as well.
Factors to consider
We have detailed information regarding the differentiation of probiotics in various ways, we saw how the probiotics are different on the basis of the user and secondly, we saw how the probiotics are different according to the benefit intended. By this time, you all may have a decent amount of information regarding the probiotics but there are certain factors that you still need to keep in mind while buying probiotics. After research, we have prepared a list of factors that you need to consider before buying probiotics, this list will provide you even more clarity regarding the probiotics and you will be able to make a very rational decision.
Price of Probiotics
The first factor that you need consider before buying probiotic is to figure out your budget. There are different manufacturers of probiotics, there are different types of probiotics and there are probiotics available for different needs, so the price of the probiotics varies as well. There are expensive probiotics as well and there are affordable ones available as well but now it is all dependent upon your pocket that how much can you spend on probiotics. It is not necessary that you buy the most expensive ones and only the expensive have a good quality. You can buy probiotics which are more on the affordable side as well. Afterall, it depends upon your need, your budget and your personal preference.
Type of the Probiotic
As we saw earlier in the article that the probiotics have different types. Many probiotics are available in different probiotic rich foods and they are also available in the form of supplements. Different types of probiotics address different conditions and diseases. You don’t have to get just one probiotic and expect it to work for all the conditions or problems. Each probiotic is made for a specific problem, like some of them are there to help you out with digestion and on the other hand, some of the probiotics are there in order to help with depression and anxiety. One probiotic is not enough for all the problems.
One probiotic or a combination of probiotics?
All the individuals have a different microbiome and functioning of the body. Everyday the people consume a large number of CFUs, there should be necessary balance of the bacteria in your gut. If you want to take more than one supplement of the probiotics, you can take it but you need to consult your doctor before doing it because some of the individuals might get bloating because of the consumption of the probiotics. You need to consult with your doctor and with the doctor’s suggestion you can one or more probiotics.
Addition of other active ingredients
You also need to know whether the probiotic contain any other active ingredient in it and if it does have an active ingredient then you need to now what effect is it going to cause to your body. Before taking any supplement, consult with your doctor who knows your medical history and who can guide you whether the specific probiotics are suitable for you or not. If the doctor shows your thumbs up then you are good to go but if the doctor is not satisfied with a certain probiotic then you should refrain from taking it.
Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are a product of the technological advancements. The GMO products are great to overcome yield gaps and they maybe useful in ways but in the long run, they are not beneficial for the human body. Some of the probiotics maybe GMO and can be harmful for your health and they may also have side effects. In order to prevent yourself from other various conditions, it is necessary that you get non-GMO probiotics that will fulfill your need and will not cause you harm.
Gluten free or Dairy free
People have all sorts of allergies, some have allergies with peanuts, some have allergies with cats. A lot of people have allergies that are induced by dairy products and some people are allergic to gluten. Before buying any probiotic, it is very necessary that you keep your allergies in mind and then have a detailed look at the ingredients of the probiotics. If you feel that there is any ingredient that will cause you allergies then you should not opt for that probiotic. Buy the probiotics that are beneficial for you and they don’t cause any other allergies or side effects to your body.
The last factor that you nee to consider is the refrigeration of the probiotics. Some of them require refrigeration while other do not. this is an important factor but it usually overlooked because of the other factors but it is of equal importance. Providing the right environment to the probiotics for storage is very necessary. Make sure that you refrigerate the probiotics that require refrigeration.
Forms of the probiotics
We have understood what probiotics are, how they are differentiated, what are there common types, what are the factors that you need to consider before buying any probiotics and now we are ready to find out that in how many forms are the probiotics available as supplements and how can they be consumed. Let’s have a look at the different forms in which the probiotics are available.
They are easily available in the form of tablets in little bottles which keep them safe. You can easily consume the tablets with a glass of water but try to consume the probiotic tablets on an empty stomach when the acid levels in the stomach are low.
Just like probiotic tablets, the probiotic pills are easily available as well. The probiotic pills are a dietary supplement and are designed in a way that you consume them every day.
Probiotic capsules are usually larger than the pills, they are also stored in various bottles and can be consumed on a daily basis.
The probiotic gummies are a completely different way of consuming the probiotics. They are delicious gummies just like the sugar gummies and are available in different flavors as well. People who have hard time having probiotics tablets or capsules can consume them easily in the form of gummies and they may also enjoy them as well.
The probiotic powder is a completely different form of probiotics as compared to the rest of them. They are probiotics which are available in a powdered form and they can be consumed in many versatile ways. You can add them to your shakes and smoothies, you can sprinkle them on your food and you can also dissolve them in water and then you can take them. All the people who have a hard time taking tablets or gummies can easily opt for the probiotic powders.
The probiotic pearls can also be consumed in different ways. Probiotic pearls are rich with probiotic bacteria and have the full potential to provide health benefits to the people. They can be consumed by chewing them, they can also be swallows and they can also be dissolved in water but it is better that you see the packing in in order to find the best way of consumptions that is the most effective and suitable.
Lastly, probiotics are available in the form of probiotic drinks. You can get these ready-made drinks and you can get the goodness of the probiotic from them. They are usually made with kefir and yoghurt. People who don’t like tablets, powders or gummies can opt for probiotic drinks.
While seeing the forms of the probiotics we saw that there are many different forms and individuals can choose whatever form they like according to their personal preference and liking.
Now let’s move on to the product reviews.
Probiotic 40 Billion CFU. Guaranteed Potency until Expiration – Patented Delay Release, Shelf Stable – Lactobacillus Acidophilus – Gluten Dairy Free for Women Men – No Refrigeration – Digestive Health
This is one of the most effective probiotic available for women, it is made with superior quality ingredients in order to provide the women with all the healthy bacteria to provide them with health benefits. It provides various benefits like it improves the digestion, it also helps in weight loss, maintains the feminine health. It is highly recommended because of its great benefits. They can also be used by men.
Product Dimensions: 3.7 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches
Item Weight: 2.6 ounces
- It supports healthy weight and energy of the users.
- It boosts the immune system and makes it stronger.
- It is 100% percent natural and has non-GMO ingredients.
- It is allergen free and gluten free as well.
- It is also 20 times more effective than other probiotics.
- It improves the digestive system of the women and also improves the regular bowel movements.
- It doesn’t require refrigeration and it is shelf stable.
- The best thing about this product is that it survives the stomach acids.
- Men can also use these probiotics.
It maybe very high potency for some people.
We will give this product a 4.8 out of 5 because of its great benefits to the women.
Culturelle Baby Grow + Thrive Probiotics + Vitamin D Drops | Supplements Good Bacteria Found in Breast Milk
This probiotic is specifically made for children. It supports healthy development and contains vitamin D drops as well along with the probiotics. The best thing about this product is that it ensures proper nutrient absorption and an improved digestive system, along with that, it contains bacteria that supplement the good bacteria found in breast milk. It is highly recommended because of its unique features.
Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 3.8 x 2.2 inches
Item Weight: 1.6 ounces
- It is dairy free, gluten free and sugar free.
- It has guaranteed potency through the expiration date.
- It has Vitamin D drops as well in order to make the bones stronger.
- It ensures proper absorption of the nutrients.
- It is safe and gentle for the kids, you don’t have to worry about the potency.
- It promotes the development of a healthy immune system of the children.
- It is a combination of probiotics and Vitamin D.
Some of the kids might get stomach issues like gas but it is not necessary for all of the children.
We will give this product a 4.5 out of 5 because of its benefits to the children.
Nutrition Essentials #1 Rated Probiotic – Most CFU’s per Bottle – 60 Day Supply with 100% Moneyback Guarantee
These probiotics come in a smart looking bottle and are highly effective. They basically aim at ensuring the digestive health. This product is made with all natural and safe ingredients in order to provide maximum health benefits to the users. It prevents the men from bloating and also improves the irregular bowel movements. This product is highly recommended because at aims at improving the digestive system in a very effective way.
Item Weight: 2.4 ounces
- It contains the highest number of CFUs per serving.
- It replenishes healthy bacteria.
- It prevents yeast infections as well so it can be used by women as well.
- It is made with all natural and non-GMO ingredients.
- It can also be used to get rid of acne.
- It is safe.
- It is also used to control weight and appetite; this probiotic helps with all the general issues that an individual might have.
- It also reduces infections.
People are sensitive might face issues like bloating and diarrhea initially but then the body gets used to it.
We will give this product a 4.5 out of 5 because it has the ability to improve not just issue but many at the same time.
Amazing Probiotics for Dogs Eliminates Diarrhea and Gas, Hip Joint Pain Relief, 120 Chews
Just like humans, dogs also need probiotics in order to get the good bacteria and to maintain a balance of the good bacteria in the gut. These probiotics treat the constipation and diarrhea of the dogs, they are safe and are recommended by the veterinarian. This product is highly recommended because of its amazing benefits to the dogs.
Product Dimensions: 5 x 3 x 3 inches
Item Weight: 6.1 ounces
- They contain no crab, fish, shark or avocado.
- They are bacon liver flavored chewable tablets.
- They are third party tested.
- They also come with a 30-day money guarantee which is amazing for probiotics.
- These probiotics don’t require refrigeration.
- They are safe and proven joint supplements.
- They wont harm your pet in any way.
You may need to give up to 4 tablets daily which might be a lot for some dogs.
We will give this product a 4.5 out of 5 because of the amount of benefits it provides to the dogs.
Tobias Deep Immune Probiotic – Probiotic plus Ultimate Prebiotic (Patented) – Shelf Stable
These probiotics are very beneficial because they are effective within hours, you don’t have to wait for days in order to see the results. They also survive the passage of an acid environment while other probiotics may not have the capacity to survive the acid environment. it is highly recommended because it delivers the probiotic deeply into the gut.
Shipping weight: 2.1 ounces
- It is a multi-strain probiotic with stomach-acid resistant strains.
- It is made with DE111 for clinically proved benefits.
- The tablets don’t have any aftertaste.
- They ensure a healthy lifestyle of the user.
- These supplements are clinically tested.
- This product is formulated with finest ingredients.
- The probiotics don’t require refrigeration.
Some of the people might feel bloated initially after using this product.
We will give this product a 4.5 out of 5 because of its unique features.
Hyperbiotics PRO-15 Probiotics—60 Daily Time Release Pearls—15x More Survivability Than Probiotic Capsules
These probiotics are designed to provide the healthiest lifestyle to the users. They include various types of probiotic bacteria which will allow the users to get maximum health benefits. These are naturally derived and easy to swallow. They are highly recommended because they have a large number of probiotic bacteria.
Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 1.5 x 3 inches
Item Weight: 1.6 pounds
- They have 5 billion colony forming units per BIO-tract pearl which is equivalent to 75 billion CFUs.
- They are naturally derived probiotics.
- PRO-15 creates a microenvironment inside the digestive system that ensure proper absorption of the nutrients.
- It also helps in maintaining your body weight.
- They are easy to swallow.
- They have a long shelf life and don’t require refrigeration.
- You have to take them only once a day while there are some probiotics that you have to take more than once during a day.
Some people may find its packaging cheap.
We will give this product a 4.5 out of 5 because of its amazing features.
Culturelle Daily Probiotic, 30 count Digestive Health Capsules | Works Naturally with Your Body to Keep Digestive System in Balance
This product is designed in order to maintain the health of the digestive systems of the individuals. There are people who suffer because of various gastric issues but this product will make your life healthier. This product is your daily tool against the occasional digestive issues.
Product Dimensions: 1.2 x 3.7 x 5.5 inches
Item weight: 0.2 ounces
- They are dairy-free, gluten-free and sugar-free as well.
- It has a guaranteed potency through the expiration date.
- It is trusted and proved by many doctors.
- It helps the digestive system work better.
- It prevents bloating and diarrhea.
- It provides a healthier lifestyle.
It may not be effective instantly on some people.
We will give this product a 4 out of 5 because of its great features.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you take probiotics with antibiotics?
Ans: No, you cannot take antibiotics and probiotics at the same time. Since the probiotic are also bacteria so there is a chance that they will also get killed with the use of anti-biotics. It is necessary that probiotics and antibiotics are taken few weeks apart.
Can you take too much probiotics?
Ans: Yes, it is possible that you might be overdosing on the probiotics. The probiotics are basically maintaining the balance of good bacteria in your gut, if you start overdosing on the probiotics then this balance will be disturbed and the increased probiotics cause gas which is also known as bloating.
Can you gain weight with use of probiotics?
Ans: No, it is not necessary that you gain weight but there is a specific strain due which it might be possible that you gain weight. This specific strain is lactobacillus acidophilus.
Can you take probiotics when you are pregnant?
Ans: Yes, the probiotics are safe during pregnancy but there are so many probiotics, so, it is very necessary that you consult with your doctor before you start taking them.
In this article, we provided you with all the necessary information that you may need when buying probiotics. We provided you with all the key points, technical details, key features and along with that, we also provided you with the pros and cons. Now, its your turn to figure out your budget and also your need so that you can buy the best probiotics that are available in the market according to your need. We wish you best of luck! And remember to discuss with your doctor any health issues.
- 1 Best probiotics by consumer
- 2 Benefits of Probiotics
- 2.1 Probiotics for better immunity
- 2.2 Probiotics for blood pressure
- 2.3 Probiotics for cholesterol
- 2.4 Probiotics for weight loss
- 2.5 Probiotics for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- 2.6 Probiotics for constipation
- 2.7 Probiotics for diarrhea
- 2.8 Probiotics for bloating
- 2.9 Probiotics for digestion
- 2.10 Probiotics for acne
- 2.11 Probiotics for candida
- 2.12 Probiotics for depression
- 2.13 Probiotics for anxiety
- 3 What are Probiotics?
- 4 Factors to consider
- 5 Forms of the probiotics
- 6 Reviews
- 6.1 Probiotic 40 Billion CFU. Guaranteed Potency until Expiration – Patented Delay Release, Shelf Stable – Lactobacillus Acidophilus – Gluten Dairy Free for Women Men – No Refrigeration – Digestive Health
- 6.2 Culturelle Baby Grow + Thrive Probiotics + Vitamin D Drops | Supplements Good Bacteria Found in Breast Milk
- 6.3 Nutrition Essentials #1 Rated Probiotic – Most CFU’s per Bottle – 60 Day Supply with 100% Moneyback Guarantee
- 6.4 Amazing Probiotics for Dogs Eliminates Diarrhea and Gas, Hip Joint Pain Relief, 120 Chews
- 6.5 Tobias Deep Immune Probiotic – Probiotic plus Ultimate Prebiotic (Patented) – Shelf Stable
- 6.6 Hyperbiotics PRO-15 Probiotics—60 Daily Time Release Pearls—15x More Survivability Than Probiotic Capsules
- 6.7 Culturelle Daily Probiotic, 30 count Digestive Health Capsules | Works Naturally with Your Body to Keep Digestive System in Balance
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)